Sunday, 11 March 2012

Apple Custard Tart

Apple Custard Tart

I made this for dessert a few days ago, and thought I would share it with you.  Doesn't it look great!
I found the Recipe over here, at Taste, and modified it accordingly.  Below is the recipe as I made it.

Ingredients
5 small cooking apples, grated
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 large (30/40cm)sheets of filo pastry (I used this recipe and it made just the right amount)
Custard

Topping
1 cooking apple, grated
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Method
Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface.  Brush lightly with oil, and top with second sheet.  Fold filo in half and cut into 6 squares.  Press each square into 1 hole of greased muffin pan.  Repeat with other sheets.  Fill with grated apple.  Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.  Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a moderate until filo is golden.  Stand in pan for 2 minutes.  Transfer tarts to a wire rack.  Cool for 5 minutes.  Spoon custard into cases.  Top with apple and cinnamon.  Serve.

I am entering this in Heidi's Baking Challenge over at http://heidiscrafts.blogspot.com.au/

1 comment:

Holly said...

that looks delish! bring some to me at co-op won't you, dear?
xo,
Holly